BULGARIA, MIEL LIMITED
Mr Ognian Blagoev
Cycling Rodopi Mountains to Halkidiki - 9 d/ 8 n.
Escorted tour for 9 days / 8 nights / 460 km. by bus /336 km. cycling
Sofia – Trigrad – Dospat – Ognyanovo –
Alistrati – Ouranoupoli – Vourvourou - Porto Kofu – Nikiti - Thessaloniki
This cycling tour will take you on a memorable adventure in the lands of the Rodopi mountains in Bulgaria, and Halkidiki peninsula (Sithonia and Athon).
. Day 1: Sofia – Trigrad /230km. by car or bus/
Arrival at Sofia Airport. Meeting a representative of MIEL and transfer to Trigrad.
Accommodation in family run hotel, dinner and overnight .
. Day 2: Devil's throat cave - Yagodina cave - Dospat dam / 50 km. biking/
After breakfast cycling through the stunning cliffs of Trigrad and Buinovo gorge and visit the Devil's Throat cave, housing one of the highest underground waterfalls in Europe and the beautiful Yagodina cave. After lunch continue cycling through some small villages reaching city of Dospat - situated near one of the biggest dams in Rhodope mountains – Dospat. Accommodation in family run hotel, dinner and overnight .
. Day 3: Dospat - Kovachevitsa - Ognyanovo /56 km. biking /
After breakfast cycling westwards to the hot spring resort Ognyanovo. The road goes mainly downhill on nice meadows and coniferous forests and you finish cycling in the hot mineral swimming pools of Ognyanovo. Optional visit of the famous architectural reserve Kovatchevitsa. Accommodation in family run hotel, dinner and overnight .
. Day 4: Ognyanovo - Aggitis cave - Alistrati / 57 km. biking /
After breakfast transfer by bus through the border and start cycling in Greece from Granitis village. Visit of the Aggiti’s river cave (11 km long). Cycling continues on isolated mountain roads reching Alistrati village, famous for the nearby cave and canyon. Accommodation in family run hotel and overnight .
. Day 5: Alistarti cave - Aggitis canyon – Ouranoupoli / 130 km. by car or bus /
After breakfast, visit the beautiful Alistrati cave and the Aggiti’s river canyon nearby. Transfer by bus to Ouranoupoli village near the border of Athos. Relaxed program with free activities like walking, swimming or sun bathing. Accommodation in family run hotel and overnight .
. Day 6: Ouranoupoli – Vourvourou / 69 km. biking /
Cycling on mountain and coastal roads via small towns and villages from Ouranoupoli to the nice coast village Vourvourou with great beaches and views towards the Diasporos island. The route goes all the way from Athos peninsula to the middle finger of Halkidiki peninsula - Sithonia. Accommodation in family run hotel and overnight .
. Day 7: Vourvourou - Kalamitsi beach - Porto Kofu / 54 km. biking/
After breakfast cycling to Porto Kofu on the main coastal road with nice views towards the sea and the interior mountains. Accommodation in family run hotel and overnight .
. Day 8: Porto Kofu - Nikiti / 50 km. biking /
After breakfast cycling on mainly isolated roads very near the sea passing by secluded beaches and small sea villages set in rich green vegetation. The cycling ends in the region of Nikiti. Accommodation in family run hotel and overnight .
. Day 9: Nikiti - Thessaloniki /100 km. by car or bus /
After breakfast transfer to Thessaloniki for departure to Sofia or to other destination.
The services include:
• Accommodation in family run hotels and pensions with private facilities;
• 3 days on Halfboard (Bulgarian stage) and 5 days on BB (Greek stage);
• Bike (hardtail mountain bike or hybrid bike) and helmet;
• English-speaking guide/driver with a supporting vehicle;
• All ground transportation (including airport transfers);
• Technical support of the bikes;
• The used roads are isolated village asphalt roads with little traffic, road conditions are relatively good with some exceptions (bumpy sections, potholes, rough asphalt), but there is no off road;
• The guide with the supporting vehicle and the luggage inside checks several times a day if everything is OK with the group, waiting by crossroads, accompanying them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and giving them talks by the most interesting sites en-route.
The package does not include:
• Flight tickets
• Travel insurance
• All lunches and 5 dinners
• Entrance fees
• Beverages and other personal expenses.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• All riders must wear a helmet at all times riding. We encourage riders to bring their own helmets or use one of ours. Cycling gloves, breathable clothes, waterproof gear, cycling shoes/trainers, swimming suit sunscreen lotion; sunglasses with UV protection.
• The prices are based on current costs and conditions available at the time of offering, all rates and
availability have to be reconfirmed in the time of definitive reservations;
• Once the program is confirmed, MIEL will provide you with a pro-forma invoice, including VAT. The government taxes are subject to change without subsidiary agreement, notice will be provided timely.
• All requests and enquiries should be made by writing either by e-mail or by fax. MIEL will reply to all within 48 h except during weekends and other public holidays. If the immediate confirmation is not possible the buyer will be informed of the status.
• Arrival & Departure detail timing and flight details should be sent by e-mail or fax directly to MIEL in order all the necessary transfers to be dully provided.